Thursday, September 21, 2006

McGill Experience

What makes an MBA worth all the energy? Let me see…

When I started the program, I envisioned myself marching into the business battlefield, armed with all the sophisticated tools and techniques of MBA. I do not pretend that I have mastered statistics and finance or marketing and strategies. However, after a year in the program, I come to realize that such glamorous armor we put on ourselves merely hide our vulnerability. I realize that we need something more. Something that makes our mind invincible even when we are disarmed. Something you might call a vision or an ideal. Or it may be called passion or simply, guts. Whatever its name is, I believe, that something can only be obtained through "full experience."

Your 24 months in MBA will be over before you know it. You are in a program with some of the smartest and most highly-motivated individuals you will ever meet. So, what I am suggesting is simply this: Let us pay real attention to our world, experience it with ever increasing depth. And share that experience with fellow McGillers so that we could sharpen our mind and become truly invincible.

To me, this “full experience” makes an MBA worth all the energy.



Yumiko

No comments: