Tuesday, May 15, 2007

I-Core Day



This past Saturday, May 12, was I-Core day for the Class of 2008. For non-McGill folks, I-Core (Integrative Core) is essentially a great big project in which you build a business plan from scratch, applying concepts you learned in class throughout the year.

We've worked hard all year in this 6-credit course and I think we've all learned a great deal. Every group had to give a mid-term presentation in January, with varying degrees of success. But this time around, it was simply amazing to see at how much everyone improved. The whole day of business presentations was very informative and highly entertaining.

After the presentations, we all went to a Mexican restaurant to celebrate. There, the winners of I-Core Day 2007 were announced. Congratulations to Kazoku Navi and Home Shoring for winning first and second prizes!! You were great!

We also thank Clinton and the 5 judges who kindly spent the whole day with us and gave us valuable feedbacks.

Finally, for those who have lived through I-Core or have had similar experiences in writing business plans, we would greatly appreciate it if you could write in a comment/thought/advice for the benefit of our readers.

Here, I'll give it a start. Personally, I think that experiencing I-Core allowed me to develop a basic/overall understanding of what this overwhelming document called a business plan should be like and how one should go about presenting business ideas, both orally and in writing. It's a great exercise to allow us to internalize concepts that we learn in class and to make them become second nature.

It was a lot of fun. Given a choice, I'd do it all over again...(of course, I had a great team, so that definitely helps).

tetsu
What's New on Tetsu's BLOG?
P.S. Thanks Phil for the great photos!

No comments: